"He is a guy who wants the world to be together. He wants everyone to go to the same schools. He wants everybody to sit next to each other on the bus. There was a girl who was not allowed to sit at the front of the bus." This is who MLK is to JH.
Every year I think we, as a family, should be part of a local MLK celebration. We talk about it. But it ends up being just another day off to play catch up.
This weekend has been busy.
Julia & Julia, tea and the girls.
Baking for Rhea: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate oatmeal cookies and Mrs. Fagan's famous cinnamon rolls (which WERE a hit).
Family dinner #1 -- at the padres, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHEA, with O&J and part of Ruben's clan. I actually made tortillas. They looked awful, but were edible and no one but me complained!
Sunday morning breakfast with 2 extra growing boys (Mateo and Brody) I went through a loaf and a half of bread (french toast) and nearly a gallon of milk.
Family dinner #2 -- corned beef and cabbage and mashed papas. No real occassion. I dropped off Mateo and picked up Ravae and Lukas in the process.
A trip to Goodwill and a 2nd hand store. Can you say addicting??!! Watch out Sara, I'm looking for the best find!
And today I sit. Well, kind of. I have played catch up on blog reading. Time goes so fast when you are cruising the internet. People are awe inspiring.
Kids finally asked for lunch. They are in the park now, eating PB&J's and chips. I kicked them out. We may not be blessed with another day like this in a while.
I'm on load #3, still need to do sheets.
I should be paying bills.
I should be doing work work.
I'm enjoying the silence.
Thank you MLK.
No comments:
Post a Comment