Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gratitude

Thanksgiving was a success.  Lots of family, food and love.

Sylvia and I were impressed that we had nearly everything together by 1pm.  Alex was amazing in the prep work, figuring out place settings, table and chair arrangements.  It makes me think of him at about 5.  He loved to organize, loved to plan, to build.  He still loves it, makes me wonder what he'll do when he gets older.  An architect.  Interior designer.  Oh, the possibilities.

We had 3 tables going, plus a kids table and 4 tv trays.



We hosted the Espinozas, Leggetts, Scotts, Canas clans, Smiths....a total of 37 people.  We ate, we talked, laughed.  I love this part.

Papa and Lita were the first to arrive.

Jen brought Tom.  She does an amazing job.


Kids, for the most part, hung out upstairs.  They made movies on the Mac.  I haven't watched them yet.  Should be entertaining.


By 11pm, all were gone.

I am grateful for love.
I am grateful for food.
I am grateful for a home.
I am grateful for my family.
I am grateful for the memories of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment