Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend Review

The first real "weekend" since the holiday break.  I came into the weekend feeling good, like there wasn't a whole lot on my plate.  It seems from about Halloween through Christmas, my weekends are booked.  Not only with soccer, but all the things I want to get done ahead of time.  Crafts, baking, shopping, wrapping...I'm on a whirlwind through Christmas, or nearly close to January.

This weekend I really didn't have much planned, except for JH's basketball jamboree.  Two games on Saturday and then watching our neighbor play in the afternoon.

(I love shallow depth of field, although JH isn't that well in focus.)

It's amazing as the kids get older, how many people we cross paths with.  I saw so many friends during a basketball jamboree -- fellow school kids & parents (x 5 and they aren't even on JH's team!), past baseball coaches (x 3), pe and music teacher & kids (x 2), current neighbors  and childhood neighbor and a coworker (although she wasn't there for basketball).  What a small world we live in.



It's so convenient that there is a Starbucks on the drive to basketball, makes the commute warm and pleasant.  And I know, so my kids love Starbucks, hey it's better than McDonalds, right?

And the end of the weekend is here.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment