Friday I had the day off. Sofia had a soccer tournament in town. She was playing her best friend Sophie's team and was a bit anxious. She wanted to win, but thought it would be better if they tied. A win-win for both girls. They both played a good game, and they did tie, 2-2.
Afterwards I thought it would be great to have Sophie's family over for a BBQ. What I wasn't thinking was how booked my day was already. An appointment in the morning, soccer, baking 2 batches of brownies, 2 batches of cookies and berry trifle for the family reunion plus grocery shopping for breakfast food for Sunday, and packing for the campout. It worked out, and all was happy.
After dinner smores by the fire pit...Ms. Romie took her smore game very seriously.
| I know the pic is hard to see, but I like it that way. |
His birthday was a bit short changed in the sense that we had a soccer game in the morning and then headed up to Birch Bay for the family reunion. He wasn't happy. But the WWE tickets made things a bit better.
![]() |
| don't be too impressed, Fred Meyer. |
Not only was JH's ten-layer Eggo waffle stack a success, so was the Salazar Family reunion. I love connecting with those I don't see but once a year, and those that I see even more often. Lots of family, lots of fun, great memories. Lilia seems to pick right up where she left off with her cousins. Makes me happy.
There were hoops.
And camping.
Cousins swimming.
And soccer.
The Salazar women.
| Tia Janie & my mama. |
It was a successful Salazar 2011.
Now to get through this week. Tiff's wedding is in t-minus 6 days. 500 cupcakes to bake, here I come.


No comments:
Post a Comment