Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas in October

I thought I'd try Christmas shopping early this year.  Hey, why not, the stores are full of decorations, the only thing missing is the music.  My hopes is to get it done soon and be relaxed come December.

I am making a dent.  Sofia has asked for clothes, nearly exclusively.  I went to Forever 21 tonight, spent at least 45 minutes collecting various outfits and accompanying necklaces.  It's not the best quality, but it's reasonably inexpensive.  Leggings, shirts and skirts for under $6.  Sweaters under $15.  Two necklaces at $5.80 each. I was proud of myself.  As I waited in line, the long line, listening to the only cashier open continually remind the customers of the 21 day exchange policy.

21 days, with a receipt, exchange or credit only.

Um, Christmas is nearly two months away.  So I clarified with the cashier...

ME:  you mean if my daughter does not like her Christmas gifts she can't exchange them?
CASHIER:  yes
ME:  then you can keep your clothes

I walked out.  I realized after, maybe I jumped to quickly to that decision.  I think it was the hot store, the irritation for the wait, my heavy purse and my 20 pound bag of Old Navy purchases.  Maybe I should have just bought the things I knew she'd like.  Too late.  I guess I will be shopping for Forever 21 gifts on December 21.

So I came home and comforted myself with online purchases at Toys R Us .... buy 2 game videos get one free.  Chaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment