We left the house this morning at 8am, heading east, first stop Richland. I love the drive. The morning sun shined on us, sunglasses in October are the best.
We listened to Adele, over and over and over again. Singing our lungs out. Not a bit in tune. When we wanted a change, I found a "classic" station...102.1 the Quake. Heart, Billy Idol, Chaka Kahn...Sofia called it old people music. I sang, she read.
It was a beautiful drive. I love the transition from evergreens to rolling hills. We stopped atop Manastash Ridge. I've always wanted to stop at the "look out" to view the valley below, but it's remote and desolate. When I drive through the pass for work, I'm usually alone and fearful of truck drivers attacking me and dragging me to their cab. But I felt safe with Sofia. So we stopped. There were only two trucks, but I parked far away from them and checked the bushes before I got out. What can I say, I'm morbid.
We made it to Richland by noon. The girls played well, but lost 4-1. Back to Yakima for the night. A quick order from Olive Garden "to go" for dinner. Sofia just left with 11 teammates, coach and a number of parents to a local corn maze and haunted house.
I passed. I'm decompressing, alone, in the hotel room. It's quiet.
Checkout at 10am. Game at 12 noon. Ravae's 16th birthday party at 4pm. Home by 8pm.



No comments:
Post a Comment