Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookie Exchange

It was about ten years ago that the "mommy group" began between my friends/family.  I was home on maternity leave with JH.  Bella and Sol were also born in 2001.  We had play dates and the annual cookie exchange began.

Tonight was the tenth year.

I wasn't looking forward to it, really.  Just another thing to do.  Another thing to bake for.  Another thing to get dressed, showered and presentable so that I could leave my house looking have way decent.  Really, I just wanted to be home.  Friday I was gone until late, Saturday gone all day and today I just wanted to putz around the house and check off some "home" to-do's.

But we went.  I made five dozen bags of fresh peppermint bark and a large caesar salad for dinner.



Violet, Lilia & Ruby (Violet & Lilia are the same age)


The kids were ecstatic.  They had fun.  I had fun.  I do love these women.  I do love sitting, talking and catching up.  I wish I took a picture with them.  Next time, for now I captured these beautiful kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment