There is something about the days before Christmas that are so magical. It's something I feel in the air. I see it in the glow of my house. The blue from the cold outside. The feeling I can't explain. I love it so. I tell my kids not to wish for Christmas to come, because it will, and then it will be over. I don't want it to be over. I want that magic to stay, to last longer that it will.
Christmas has come and gone and so does the magic in the air. I don't feel it anymore, not in my house, not as I drive around the city, maybe the rain washed it away. It makes me sad. It makes me reflect on the hustle and bustle and how I wished I slowed down more.
Christmas was a success. Everyone is happy. Everyone got more than they had wished for....
Today was the first day out since Christmas. My head cold is on it's way out, although Sofia and Lilia are showing signs of sickness. I hope it stays away. Our sleep schedule is all screwed up, even Lilia was on the midnight-noon track, right with me. Breakfast by 1pm. I'm such a bad mom.
We have five more days left of break -- going to make it fun, tomorrow we will meet cousins at the pool by noon. I hope we can all get up and out of the house by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment