The story of Thursday is blur. It's the craziest day of the week. I generally leave the house in the morning and come back 12 hours later.
The number of pictures I took today was pretty pathetic. Ali Edwards takes about 150 a day. I think I took 15, some of the same thing at a different angle. We shall go with what I have....
The story I want to remember about today is Ms. Lilia. She has been asking me all kinds of questions that makes me wonder about what goes on in her mind. She has been asking about Eric and my divorce, how, why....when did he leave. And oh, how she wishes he still lived with us.
She also wished this morning that our family would be like her cousin Ava's. At first I thought she was thinking about the whole married parents scenario, but she was thinking more about Halloween, and not having siblings that go out with her to trick or treat. Sometimes it's hard to be the youngest in the family. I told her that maybe someday Liv (Ava's little sister) might feel the same way, when her siblings get too old to ToT. At least she has a positive attitude that she will get me all to herself at home, the longest while her older siblings go off to college. Let's see if she will be as stuck to me at 14.
The story I want to remember is that I am blessed and grateful for health care. Lilia is spending the night at the Young house tomorrow night. Her first sleepover at their house. She is beyond excited. They have cats. Lilia is allergic to cats. We have been getting her body filled with medicine in hopes to ward off any allergic reactions. Fingers crossed.
The story I want to remember is the snapchats from Sofia while she is at school. Sometimes it's her and her friends, other times it's projects she is working on. Today I got to see the pottery projects she has completed to date. I'm glad she has one class that is somewhat fun, even though she says pottery isn't as easy as you would think.
The story I want to remember about today is the rain. THE RAIN. So much rain! Lilia and JH both had soccer tonight --- thus the crazy day. She practiced in a mud pit. Since Lilia is rarely cold, this was so much fun for her. JH on the other hand was freezing and grumpy. I told him perhaps he wasn't moving enough to break out a sweat.
The story I want to remember about today is that Lilia is still a little girl. Sometimes I forget. She is so tall, so mature at times and is exposed to so much more than her older siblings at this same age. She still loves baths and she loves to play, talk and imagine. And that's okay.
Tomorrow is our Halloween Party at work. Cookies are baked, food is prepped, I hope if I feed everyone enough they won't notice I don't have a costume on....






No comments:
Post a Comment