Friday, November 19, 2010

I've been struck

By the household sickness.
Not fun.

I managed to make it to work yesterday, but by the end of the day I had the worst chills.  I got home and couldn't warm up to save myself.  By six I was in bed,  wearing fleece, socks and a scarf with multiple covers and a heating pad.  I gave directions to my four lovelies who immediately responded to my requests.  Evening rituals took place.  They packed their own lunches.  Set clothes out for school.  Lights were out by 8pm.  I was up sweating at three, reverse, everything off.  The alarm came quickly at six.

But they did it.  They knew mom wasn't at her best.  Kids got to school.  I slept.  Even Lilia didn't wake up, all red-cheeked until 9:30.

I'm resting, yet washing all the bed linens, washing those germs away.


A candid snapshot from Tia Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment