Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Grandparent's Day

My parents called me Sunday afternoon, I could sense they wanted me to come over...hinting that there would be food involved, dinner for the kids?  What did they want?  Tell us, we are at the store.

I had actually looked forward to an afternoon alone, with kids outside, playing, enjoying the last days of sun.  Me inside, putzing around like I do best.  A bit of laundry, cleaning and whatever else that I could find so easily to fill my day.  Honestly, I didn't want to go.  But I could hear that longing for company in my parent's voice.  The longing for a houseful of kids and grandkids.  Our (the whole family) intentions for a Sunday dinner has gone way with busy summer schedules.  The sound of their voice reminded me that I (we) need to make it a priority.

So at about 5pm, we got in the van and made a quick visit to the padres for dinner.  Syl and Don joined us.
We ate, talked and laughed as we do so well, when we get together.

My dad reminded me it was grandparent's day.  Happy Grandparent's Day to the best of the best.

(That is baby Lucas, who is my parent's neighbor's grandson.  He visits my parents on a daily basis, letting himself into their house for the lollipops or into the backyard for the toys or sometimes to critique my mom's choice of nightgowns.  Thanks Lucas for visiting them, they love it!)

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering who that orphan child was! He loves you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete