Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gratitude | Day 16

Gratitude | today I'm grateful for Alex.  Alex is kind of like me, in the sense he loves to please.  He loves to make people happy.  If feels good.  He called me at work and said he was making baked macaroni and cheese (the real stuff, not out of a box) and baked papas.  Yes, a lot of starch.  But, if you knew Alex, you would know that's his primary food group.  I asked about protein.  He said the mac n cheese contained milk and cheese.  Duh, I guess.

I arrived home.  JH welcomed me with a kiss and a "I vacuumed upstairs and downstairs without being asked".  Alway needing to justify his allowance is well deserved.

The candles were lit, or turned on in this case.


The papas were done.



We sat and talked.  They always ask me about my day at work.  I said it was long, a lot of drama and smelled like bleach.

Sofia cleaned the kitchen.

Lilia proclaimed this morning that we would cozy up in my bed at 7pm and read until 8:30 and then go to sleep.  We were cozied up by 8pm, then read with Sofia.  Are bodies intertwined on the bed eventually fell asleep, as the words took longer to read and our voices became more relaxed.

I'm awake now, finishing a load of laundry and typing this in the dark.   My two girls in my bed, breathing softly.  It's not ideal, always.  But it feels good some of the time.

JH went to a play and got home late and went straight to his bed.

Alex knows when his body is ready for bed.  Gives me a kiss and heads downstairs.

I'm thankful for great kids and the stories we make each day.

Giving | I think I gave my fair share to Mrs. Magnuson's 5th grade class.  Mama's cookie bars, soda, chips, cups, plates, napkins and a small gift (word find book) were dropped off at 12:15 today at school.  Alex was so proud to share that all with his class.  And he was grateful that I helped out, as he was the only student that followed through with party goods.  It was so worth it.

He also made her a trophy out of pizza and cereal boxes and a roll of pink duct tape.  Dang that kid is pretty creative.  We raided the yellow room and found some goodies to make it shine. Mrs. Magnuson cried.



Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment