Monday, December 12, 2011

After

I think I need a new car battery.  Wait, I know I need a new car battery.  I've had to jump it a couple times in the last few days.  I stopped by Les Schwab, they confirmed it.  Luckily I found my warranty, right on top of my glove box, and will return tomorrow.

I did some damage at Costco tonight.  Butter and chocolate are expensive.  I opted for the $18 box of Hershey Bars instead of the $12 bacon.  Chocolate makes much better peanut butter fudge than bacon.  Sorry kids.

Tonight.....

After I cleaned the kitchen.
After I gave Lilia her spelling test.



After I made a batch of molasses cookie dough.
After I "visited" the boys "store" in JH's room for a hand massage by Lilia ($2).  They were trying to schedule me in for some major work, i.e, $10 to change my sheets.  And $15 for a complete bathroom clean.  Highway robbery.


After I baked chocolate mint and sugar cookies.
After I gave Lilia a bath.
After we watched Fear Factor.
After I read to Lilia before bed.
After I cleaned the kitchen from my baking mess.
After I turned off all the lights downstairs.
After I headed upstairs to hear the soft sounds of kids sleeping with Adele in the background.
After I kissed kids goodnight and pulled the covers tight.
After I picked up the bath towels off the floor.
I stood at the upstairs landing and thought, another day is over, just-like-that.

Good night.
xoxot

No comments:

Post a Comment