Let's try this again.
I'm participating in Ali Edwards Week in the Life. This is the third year I've documented a week in the lives of the CK5.
The goal is to document each day for one week -- the rituals, the stuff, the daily grind -- capturing the stories of what is happening now, at this chapter of my life.
Ali suggests we answer the question, "what is the truth of my day?" as I walk around my house, my work, my kids school...think about the truths that make up my day.
To be honest, the truth is I'm filling a bit on auto pilot with my life now. I'm not living the day, but living the motions that make up my day. Just one day at a time. Over and over. Without really living. I feel stuck. I'm hoping this documentation might help me reflect some. More than pictures, I want to capture the stories.
But as I started out, I soon forgot. My pictures and words are limited. My thought is to post here, then compile an album next week. I can only hope.
5:55 am | my alarm goes off
I hop in the shower.
6:10 am | I look out my door, there is evidence that JH has been in the shower, with the boys bathroom light on.
6:20 am | Alex starts to wake up, while I go and turn Sofia's light on. She is up the latest with homework, so her mornings are hard.
6:45 am | Alex eats waffles, drinks milk, 180 days a school year
7 am | Alex and Sofia head to school. Lunch for A: 1.5 P&B sandwich; S: 1/2 P&B, nuts, brownies, multigrain chips, hot cocoa and toast
7:15 am | pick up Chi for carpool
7:25 am | back home, Lilia is up and on the couch
1 pm | conference call
6 pm | grocery shopping
7 pm | dinner & dishes
8 pm | Lilia jumps in the shower
8:30 pm | Sofia comes home from Monday night soccer dinner social and heads to do homework
9 pm | JH heads to bed
9:30 pm | Alex writing a paper for school
9:45 pm | Laundry
10:45 pm | Bed














No comments:
Post a Comment