I want to remember the story that Lilia is self-sufficient in the morning, she gets herself up and ready, for the most part, on her own.
I want to remember that Lilia loves to catch the bus. She is punctual to get out the door.
I want to remember that I have an amazing employer and colleagues who are flexible when I need to get home early. I was home by 3:15 pm today, to prepare the flowers to honor the seniors in Beamer's last regular season game. I want to remember that Sofia arrived at the same time and Rhea had pasta ready for her pre-game meal.
I want to remember the story of friends who come to support Sofia, even when they are blurry. Romi and Sophie are our BFFs.
I want to remember the story that when I finally get home at 7:45 pm, sometimes it's okay to go from my car to Alex's, so that we can go get gas together.
I want to remember the story that even though I'm tired, it's nice to make a late night run to Costco, and eat dinner solo at the food court at 8:30 pm and talk about life.
I want to remember the story of Lilia calling and saying she would shower and be ready to make cookies. She was ready and opened the door for me with open arms. So we baked.
I want to remember the story of sharing my bed with this 9 year old. Yes, she still sleeps with me, but she keeps to her side and has great reading habits.
I want to remember that today was so busy, that I saw poor JH for all of 30 minutes today. Some days are like that....this will mean extra love tomorrow.








No comments:
Post a Comment