Saturday, May 9, 2009

8 feet and 4 hands

I left work later than I had hoped today.  I really wanted a pedicure before going away for the weekend with women who might look at my feet in disgust.  My kids don't care, but other women might.  I decided what the heck, I'll be late to get home and swing by the new salon off of 21st & 356th, next to the Fruit Market.  I arrived and asked if they had an opening, yes, in 5 minutes.  I decided to wait.  It was all of 45 minutes and I was done, feet shiny and new and I got to watch Family Fued to boot. 

I'm amazed at these women (and men) who work on feet all day long.  There was a man sitting next to me, with probably size 15 feet and they were scary.  His nails were grey/black.  Ewww.  I'd definitely wear gloves.

When I arrived home, my ever-so-observant Lily Pad noticed my toes, "I want toes like that, how did you get toes like that..."  So vein at such a young age.

I promised I'd do her feet, after a loooong trip to Fred Meyers.  

So there they sat, four chairs, 8 feet and one hot bucket of water with suds.  Alex loves to have his feet rubbed.  JH just giggles.  The feet were soaked, exfoliated and massaged.  40 toes were polished.  My boys are entertained by this, they get a rainbow of colors.  JH wanted his fingers, but I stopped there, he has a BB game in the morning, please.  Sofia and Lilia got the manicure too. 

What a night of luxury.

I'm off to bed....I will fall quickly to sleep with the smell of cookies in the air.  (I baked for our retreat, can't wait!)

3 comments:

  1. My feet need scrubbed. When can I get in with you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara's feet do not need scrubbed. I was over there a few days ago and she soaked and scrubbed her own feet ... I did Jimmy's. I haven't been able to sleep without night terrors since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why you're the bestest mom ever!

    ReplyDelete