Monday, September 5, 2011

We are still trying to check things off our Summer 2011 list of to-do's.  There just seemed to be not enough time this summer to do it all.  Or maybe, I think, my funk left me a little less energetic to get out and explore all those adventures and activities.

As I pulled into Dash Point State Park, it dawned on me that maybe, because it was a holiday, the park would be busy.  I guess the back-up of cars to enter was a give away too.  Since I was adamant, maybe even more so than my children, we were going in.


 I decided to park by a picnic table to eat our lunch first.  No sense carrying bags and a cooler through people scattered on the sand like seed.  We had our PB&J's, chips and drink under the big umbrella.

I've never seen it so crowded.  Didn't these people have somewhere else to be, but on my beach? Have I ever mentioned I don't like crowds.

We walked, over people, winding, trying not to knock sand from our feet on anyone.

I found a spot in the shade, we settled in.





The tide was just going down, which left nice wet sand, perfect for making forts, moats, tunnels and cities.

There was alternating trips to the water to rinse off all the sand.



Lilia announced, "I don't like salty water, only lake water", but she kept jumping in.  While Alex was irritated and ready to go home.




Dashpoint and Beach, check.

No comments:

Post a Comment